Uproxx Media Group is seeking an Associate Creative Director.
Uproxx Media creates and produces original series and branded content for multinational brands, Film, Television, OTT and publishers Uproxx, Hitfix, BroBible, and Dime Magazine.
We are a Content Studio and Digital Media brand focused on becoming the de facto source of news & culture for the digital generation. We have:
- An award winning studio producing some of the most compelling and shared digital content out there.
- Top voices and journalists in the U.S. around news, entertainment and culture. We approach story through actionable optimism, shining a light on the amazing things that people do to change the world around us, taking a solution-oriented approach to today’s challenges.
- A unique audience reached through a cross-platform digital footprint comprised of over 40M unique visitors on our websites and over 300M reach on our social, YouTube, and syndication channels per month
Uproxx is looking for an Associate Creative Director help keep the creative side of Uproxx Media at the top of its game—they will make sure no talent goes to waste and the work stays sharp. The ideal candidate must have strong communication and copywriting skills, be able to ideate and brainstorm both collaboratively and independently in a fast paced environment. We are looking for an ACD who is innovative in the digital media landscape and has experience contributing to national marketing campaigns, digital media production, and original design concepts. They will manage multiple projects from RFP/concepting through execution, and help guide a team of creatives and writers. Team leadership and motivational skills are absolutely essential for the role. We want a person who can look at a concept in front of them and still say, “We can do more here.” The ACD needs to have client facing skills and will be responsible for knowing our products in order to communicate our voice through content.
- 3-5+ years experience in a creative role (at least 2+ years digital media / agency / publishing environment)
- Writing and Original Concept Development
- Recognized expertise in one or more of the following: advertising, digital media, digital publishing, branded content, internal branding
- Capable of overseeing all graphic design work and giving art direction to graphic designers
- A strong working knowledge of the fundamentals—interactive design, brand development, digital marketing and the creative process—as well as new platforms and technologies
- Strong ability to provide clear creative direction and provide timely and helpful feedback to improve creative processes
- Leadership skills. We need people who are confident with everything from team building to mentoring to guiding creative talent
- Excellent presentation skills and communication abilities at all levels of both internal and client organizations
- Strong ability to prioritize work and resources across timelines, budgets, and availabilities that change—we need someone who can roll with it
- Interest and passion for social media, general knowledge of features across platforms
- Communicate clearly, efficiently, and amicably
- Open to feedback
- Efficient in Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Google Docs, Slides, Abobe CS
- Experience and/or expertise in gaming, sports, entertainment, and/or music is a plus